As the NC-AHEC, NCCN is committed to providing medical professionals with informative current education resources as well as supporting and promoting linkages for health professions training for students.
NC-AHEC focuses its activities in the following 5 areas:
1. Identifies workforce needs through surveys, interviews, and data aggregation & analysis;
2. Organizes and promotes multidisciplinary training events and simulation activities;
3. Provides training, technical assistance, and practice coaching to build Patient Centered Medical Home and Quality Improvement capacity across the Network;
4. Supports coordination of on-site experiences for health professions & high school students;
5. Collaborates with community stakeholders and partners to identify and develop recruitment and retention strategies to ensure access to quality health care services on the North Coast.
In 2018, the North Coast AHEC provided medical professionals with several diverse training opportunities including:
- Partnering with 13 Academic Institutions to deliver community based training;
- Providing 55 Continuing Medical Education (CME) events in the community;
- Hosting 52 community based training experiences for professionals: 21 MD/DO, 16 PA/FNP, 8 RN, 2 MA, 1 Dentistry, 1 MFT, 1 Psy, 1 Lab Tech, 1 Health Careers Exposure
- Providing 935 individual staff members with CME credit from NCCN hosted training.
For workforce and AHEC related questions please contact, Trisha Cooke, Center Director